THE BATTLE OF THE PERFUMES.



In the left corner we have Keira and the right Natalie. Chanel's Mademoiselle advert was pretty much released at the same time as Dior's Miss Dior Cherie advert. And the gloves are off…! Maybe I'm being bias as I have a little obsession with Natalie Portman but Dior are the champions for me. I know, I know. Regular readers know my love for Uncle Karl, but he has let me down with this commercial. There are so many things going wrong and for Dior so many things going right. Sofia Coppola directed it for a start; so it was going to be amazing. It is so chic, I love the apartment, the cheeky natural, the scene with the sunglasses in the bath and even though it features I guy you forgot about him. (Which is a positive.) I want to buy the perfume, whirl a tie around and of course bath in my sunglasses. It has the key to fashion; it's aspirational.

And then there's Chanel… Well really. Has Karl gone mad? First thing he has Blake Lively as a face for Chanel. Ukk! And now this… A beige catsuit? Chunky boots? 90s makeup? Grey eyebrows? And the jewellery? oh and not forgetting the motorbike… The idea of a commercial is simple 'we see, we want to be, buy perfume and we can.' I don't want to be anything like Keira. I don't want to be in a beige catsuit riding a motorbike flirting with a pervy photographer. And really who can actually climb out of a window whilst getting dressed in the time it takes someone to lock a door? No, No, No me no likey. Also the song 'it's a man's world' is it attempting to make a feminist statement. Like when she pushes past all the dress and remains in that horrid one-piece. You know you can still wear a dress and be a feminist.

IT'S A KNOCKOUT! AND THE WINNER IS... DIOR!

© youtube. Dior. Chanel.